Start Time: Reg. 5:30 pm
RPG Enhancements for I 7.1 & XMLSERVICE
RPG Enhancements for I 7.1
IBM continues to enhance the platform and RPG was certainly not left out!
1 Discuss array and DS array enhancements
2. Discuss string related enhancements %SCNRPL and %LEN(:*MAX)
3. Discuss the welcome addition of aliases (long column names) in RPG
4. Discuss prototyping related enhancements such as RTNPARM, implicit string conversion and optional prototypes
5. Discuss Teraspace related enhancements
6. Discuss changes to XML-INTO
7. Brief overview of Rational Open Access: RPG Edition
XMLSERVICE What is it?
1. Created as part of a partnership with Zend
2. Part of Zend's new PHP Toolkit for IBM i
3. Allows any program or utility on your IBM i to be utilized using simple XML
4. Once configured, any program or service program can be accessed without any additional set up.
5. Allows access to programs, service programs, PASE shell, or CL commands.s
6. Good for V5R4 and beyond.
About Brian May...
Recently, Profound Logic's Brian May, an IBM i Modernization Specialist was recognized by IBM for his ongoing contributions to the Power Systems community as an IBM Champion for Power Systems. Brian was recognized for his contributions to the Power i community, and most notably for his contributions to the user group community and YiPs, developer of the YiPs website and open source environment, plus his early adoption of social media and continued participation in the Power i conversation.